Further information and event details are available on the event websites:
- Applications open: 15 June 2021, 00:01 US Central Time
- Close of applications for country approval and ranking: 14 July 2021, 23:59 US Central Time
- First round of entry offers: 21 July 2021, 00:01 US Central Time
- Open for Late applications: 22 July 2021, 00:01 US Central Time
- Entry Closing Date: 09 Sept 2021, 23:59 US Central Time
NO REFUNDS AVAILABLE FOR SAILOR CANCELLATIONS AFTER THE ENTRY CLOSING DATE
It is the intention and goal of the organizing authority to hold this event as scheduled. As everyone can recognize, the COVID-19 pandemic is ongoing and many travel restrictions have been in place for some time. Although the latest information received indicates improvements, the situation remains dynamic. Neither ILCA nor the event host can guarantee entry into the country for any competitor. It is up to each potential competitor to evaluate his or her personal situation and make logistical and financial decisions about their ability to participate and the possible risks involved.
Specified in the Notice of Race: After entry applications are opened and until the start of the event the organizing authority will monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic or other potential disruptions to the event and, having regard for the health and safety of all participants as well as any government travel restrictions or government mandated conditions on gatherings that affect participation in or conduct of the event, may at its sole discretion:
– Postpone or cancel the event,
– Change the status of the event from a World Championship to an International Regatta,
– Alter the maximum number of entries,
– Reduce a country’s allocated number of places,
– Make any other decision deemed necessary in the circumstances.